Fortnite update 20.40 patch notes, downtime, Obi-Wan launch, PlayStation V-bucks and MORE
Fortnite developer Epic Games is getting ready to release update 20.40 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, Android and Nintendo Switch. The new Fortnite update has a May 17 release date and a 9am BST UK launch time. Of course, as a major update, the new Fortnite update will be accompanied by a period of server downtime, which is likely to run for a couple of hours.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, alongside a brief teaser about what to expect.
Epic tweets: “Sidle in for a showdown! The v20.40 update is scheduled for release on May 17th. Downtime will begin at 04:00 AM ET, with matchmaking disabled 30 minutes beforehand.”
According to the tweet, Epic Games will use the update to further the storyline between the IO and The Seven.
A follow-up tweet confirmed plans to launch a Share Wallet for V-bucks, meaning you can now use your PlayStation V-bucks on other platforms.
Recent rumours suggest Epic Games will finally bring Obi-Wan Kenobi to the game, as well as influencer Ali-A.
Check out the full list of Fortnite update 20.40 patch notes below.
Fortnite update 20.40 patch notes…
• Fortnite Shared Wallet for V-bucks
– V-Bucks purchased on PlayStation may be used across platforms that support Fortnite Shared Wallet (PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Android, and cloud gaming services).
• Players do not receive toast notifications while in a match in a party with another player
– Players will not receive social toast notifications when they’re in the match in a party with other players.
• Traps may sometimes not place immediately
– Players may find it difficult to place Traps when pressing the “place” button or key in rapid succession.
Battle Royale issues…
• Anvil Rocket Launcher UI missing
– The Anvil Rocket Launcher does not show that it is locking on to vehicles as expected. It does still lock on when firing but does not display this.
• Trackers disappear after a Player leaves game
– We’re aware of an issue that is causing the trackers to disappear after a player leaves the game
• Tracker Device
– We’re aware of an issue that is causing the tracker device to not update correctly for teams when multiple teams are able to use it.
• Joining a Creative game in progress may lock the new player out until the round ends
– Players may find that joining a creative game that is already in progress can cause a complete loss of functionality.
• Vending Machines
– We’re aware of an issue that is causing performance issues when using a vending machine while playing a Creative Island
Save the World issues…
• Legendary perks cannot be changed using perk recombobulator
– Since the 20.30 update, players have been unable to update to change their legendary perks on their schematics.
• Destroyed beds are not being counted towards quest completion
– Two active questlines (Sleep on It from the Blockbuster Questline and Destroy: Good Morning from Ventures) task players with destroying beds. Most beds are not being counted towards quest completion when destroyed
For all the latest Games News Click Here