How To Make Offline UPI Payments in India Simplified With Step-by-Step Process
India made a history allowing transactions of more than INR 9.8 trillion over 5.58 bn UPI transaction in April 2022 alone which shows a 3.3% increase in transactions over March 2022. In a move to make the United Payment Interface (UPI) available to more customers, NCPI is now offering UPI transactions offline as well.
At present, you can make swift UPI payments with a working internet connection. However, with this move, UPI can now be used in offline mode and even on feature phones as you no longer need a smartphone to facilitate the service. According to the reports, users will have to enter the USSD code “*99#” on their dialer app via a number registered in the bank, and from there, they can register for UPI payments offline and take appropriate actions.
How To Set Up Offline UPI Payments?
The first step toward using offline UPI is via setting it up first. Here’s how you can do it about.
- First up, dial *99# on your phone using the phone number linked to the bank.
- Next, choose a ‘desired language’.
- Enter the ‘bank name’.
- Next up, you will get a list of accounts that are currently linked on your phone number, choose the phone that you want to use UPI with.
- Next up, you will be asked to enter 6 digits and the expiry date of your debit card and proceed.
- If all the details asked are correct, you should be able to use UPI offline and without any internet.
- You should set a UPI PIN and remember it without sharing the same with anyone whatsoever.
How to Make Offline UPI Payments in India?
- Dial “*99#” and hit the ‘call’ or ‘dial’ button.
- Next up, select the first option ‘send money’.
- Enter the bank account number/phone number/UPI ID to which you want to send the money.
- Next, you will be asked to enter the UPI PIN that you had to set up during the initial setup.
Note that the Offline UPI Payments feature in India will charge you 0.50 INR for each transaction. There’s a cap of INR 5,000/- per transaction using this method.
For all the latest Technology News Click Here