How to port Reliance Jio Postpaid to Prepaid for free – Smartprix
Reliance Jio offers a range of network solutions varying from postpaid service to prepaid and even fiber internet in the mix. To expand user reach, the company has continuously redesigned its offerings for postpaid and prepaid services in India. And as a result, Jio is one of the most subscribed networks in India.
The prepaid and postpaid services of Jio are quite popular in the country. The prepaid plan starts as low as Rs. 10 while the postpaid users can choose plans from Rs. 199 onwards. Jio lets a user switch from postpaid to prepaid in easy steps. One can apply online or visit the nearest Reliance Jio store for this purpose. We have prepared a method to switch from postpaid to prepaid Jio service in this article.
ALSO READ: Battlegrounds Mobile India Pre-registration begins; Here’s how to register and get exclusive rewards
How to switch from Jio Postpaid to Jio Prepaid service
For those who don’t know, prepaid plans have an expiration date and so need to be recharged after the validity period. It is recommended to check and compare the plans before switching to prepaid. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Jio official page to apply.
- Enter personal details including name and Jio mobile number. Click on generate OTP button.
- Enter the received OTP on your provided mobile number.
- A new page will appear with different options. Select the option of ‘I am interested in Prepaid’ and tap on the Port to Jio option.
- Enter the delivery address you wish to receive your new SIM.
- Click the submit button and you’re done from your end.
- In the next 3-4 days, a Jio representative will visit your address for at-home KYC. You will need to present documents for identification and address verification. You can provide an Aadhaar card, driving license, voter ID, and passport.
- You can also visit the nearest Jio store to submit your KYC documents and receive the prepaid SIM at once or later depending on conditions. Find the nearest Jio centre from here.
ALSO READ: Google One Plans in India: How to buy extra cloud storage for Google Photos
One should know the company charges no cost for porting a postpaid number to prepaid. Though, consumers need to clear the previous dues before applying for a port. And in case you’re wondering, the TRAI lets users switch from one service to another without changing the mobile number.
For all the latest Technology News Click Here
For the latest news and updates, follow us on Google News.