How to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to Apple iOS via the ‘Move to iOS’ App – Smartprix
Gone are those days when Android and iPhone users could not exchange any form of data with each other. Now, Apple has announced a Move to ios data porting app that will help in transferring data between Apple and iOS. The feature will be available in WhatsApp’s Beta version and will roll out slowly and take a week to get to all users.
This feature will be very useful for Indian users as WhatsApp is very popular in the country with over 450 million users. This has been a major concern for people when they shift from Android to iOS as they don’t want to lose their WhatsApp data. They had to use the 3rd party apps which could be dubious but now this will change.
ALSO READ: How to recover your Gmail account with or without recovery email
The ability to transfer WhatsApp data will now come in the Move to iOS App. The app will be available on Google Play Store and will be useful when one is setting up a new iPhone. Android users will need a minimum of Android 5.0 and above and Apple users will need a minimum of iOS 15.5 and above.
Downloading ‘Move to iOS App’.
- Download the Move to the iOS installer.
- Use your device’s file browser to find the ending in .apk. On many devices, you’ll find this .apk file in a downloads folder.
- Tap the file to install it.
Note- If an alert says to change your security settings to let you install from unknown sources, follow the onscreen steps. After changing the settings, you will be able to tap the back button to return to the file browser. Then install the .apk file.
Steps to Transfer Data
- On your Android device, make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Plug your new iOS device and your Android device into power.
- Make sure that the content you are moving, including what’s on your external micro SD card, will fit on your new iOS device.
- If you want to transfer your Chrome bookmarks, update to the latest version of Chrome on your Android device.
ALSO READ: EV Loans: Leading banks are offering electric vehicle loans at lower interest rates; Here’s how to apply
Transfer from Android to iPhone
- Open the Move to iOS App on your Android phone and follow the on-screen prompts.
- A code will be displayed on your iPhone. Enter that code on your Android phone.
- Tap on continue and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Select WhatsApp on the Transfer Data Screen.
- Tap Start on your Android phone and wait for WhatsApp to prepare the data for export. You will be signed out from your Android phone once the data is prepared.
- Tap Next to return to the Move to iOS App.
- Tap Continue to transfer the data from your Android phone to your iPhone and wait for Move to iOS to confirm the transfer is complete.
CEO Mark Zuckerberg claimed, “We’re adding to WhatsApp the ability to securely switch between phones and transfer your chat history, photos, videos, and voice messages between Android and iPhone while maintaining end-to-end encryption. This is a top requested feature. We launched the ability switch from iPhone>Android last year and now adding Android>iPhone as well.”
For all the latest Technology News Click Here