India vs New Zealand 1st ODI: When and where to watch, Head to Head, Full squads, talking points and venue details | Cricket News – Times of India
The last time these two teams clashed in an ODI series was recently in November last year, when a severely rain affected series saw the Kiwis take a 1-0 series win.
The current India vs New Zealand series begins with the ODIs and the first match is scheduled to be played on Wednesday, January 18.
Ahead of the first game, here are all the big match details that you need to know:
What: India vs New Zealand, 1st ODI
When: January 18 (Wednesday) – 1:30 PM IST
ICC Team Rankings: India: 4th; New Zealand: 1st
Big Talking Points:
– There is no KL Rahul or Axar Patel for this series. Both players have family commitments.
– Arshdeep Singh is not part of this India squad, but he has been picked for the 3 match T20I series vs the Black Caps which follows the ODI series
– 29 year old wicket-keeper batter from Andhra Pradesh KS Bharat received his maiden ODI call-up
– The first choice keeper is Ishan Kishan
– For the Kiwis there is no Kane Williamson or Tim Southee
– Tom Latham will be the captain of the New Zealand ODI team for this series
– The Kiwis will not have the services of fast bowler Adam Milne who is nursing a hamstring issue
– Fast bowler Matt Henry also misses out. The abdominal strain that saw him miss the series vs Pakistan ruled him out of this series also
India: Rohit Sharma (Captain), Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan (wk), Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, KS Bharat (wk), Hardik Pandya (vice-captain), Washington Sundar, Shahbaz Ahmed, Shardul Thakur, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohd. Shami, Mohd. Siraj, Umran Malik.
New Zealand: Tom Latham (c), Finn Allen, Michael Bracewell, Devon Conway, Lockie Ferguson, Doug Bracewell, Mark Chapman, Devon Convay, Daryl Mitchell, Henry Nicholls, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Henry Shipley, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner
Where to watch: Star Sports Network
Live Streaming: Disney+Hotstar
Full Schedule of India vs New Zealand ODI series:
First ODI: January 18, Hyderabad
Second ODI: January 21, Raipur
Third ODI: January 24, Indore
India vs New Zealand overall ODI Head to Head:
Won by India: 55
Won by NZ: 50
India vs New Zealand ODI Head to Head in India:
Won by India: 26
Won by NZ: 8
For all the latest Sports News Click Here