Updated News Around the World

Mr Beast said no to Titan sub trip: ‘Kind of scary that I could have been on it’

YouTube star Mr. Beast turned down an invitation to be a passenger on the ill-fated Titan submersible, which killed five people when it imploded during a voyage to explore the wreckage of the Titanic. Known for his extravagant publicity stunts, gaming videos and bumper giveaways, Mr. Beast is the most followed individual on YouTube, boasting 163 million subscribers on the video sharing platform. In a recent post on Twitter, the social media celebrity shared a message he received from a friend inviting him to take a trip on the Titan sub.

“Also, I’m going to the Titanic in a submarine late this month,” the message reads. “The team would be stoked to have you along. I’m sure you’re also welcome to join.”

Commenting on the message, Mr Beast said that it was “kind of scary” that he could have been a passenger on the vessel.

“I was invited earlier this month to ride the titanic submarine, I said no. Kind of scary that I could have been on it,” he said.

In a follow-up tweet, Mr Beast – real name Jimmy Donaldson – said that the message was from a friend, although he didn’t name the individual.

After setting off on June 18, the submersible lost contact with the tour operator an hour and 45 minutes into the two-hour descent to view the wreckage. The vessel was officially reported missing eight hours after communication was lost.

With a depleting oxygen supply that was expected to run out on Thursday, June 22, a massive search and rescue mission was formed between various governments and organisations.

The rescue mission was eventually called off after a debris field was found near the wreckage of the Titanic.

The US Coast Guard said that the debris was consistent with loss of the pressure chamber and an implosion.

All five passengers were pronounced dead, including OceanGate chief executive Stockton Rush, British adventurer Hamish Harding, and former French Navy diver Paul-Henry Nargeolet.

British businessman Shahzada Dawood and his son Suleman Dawood were also among the victims.

For all the latest Games News Click Here 

 For the latest news and updates, follow us on Google News

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! NewsUpdate is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.