Ted Kravitz addresses Max Verstappen falling out
Ted Kravitz has opened up on Max Verstappen’s decision to boycott Sky Sports F1 at the Mexican Grand Prix as he detailed talks between the channel and Red Bull. Kravitz admitted both sides “had a good chat” ahead of the Brazilian Grand Prix and confirmed the team’s snub had come to an end.
He made the admission on his ‘Ted’s Notebook’ programme after the qualifying session on Friday evening.
Kravitz said: “Following what happened with us, and me, and Max Verstappen in Mexico. Listen, we sat down, we had a good chat but as Max said yesterday we drew a line under it. So onwards and upwards.”
Ahead of the weekend, Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf claimed Sky Sports F1 were unlikely to issue a public apology to viewers. However, it is understood Verstappen met with Sky Sports representatives ahead of this weekend’s race.
READ MORE: Lewis Hamilton explains Brazil GP risk after late decision
After the United States Grand Prix, Kravitz suggested Lewis Hamilton had been “robbed” of an eighth F1 title last season. He also claimed Verstappen didn’t seem capable of winning a world championship in a normal way.
Red Bull boss Christian Horner stressed that his driver was “very upset” about the comments. In Mexico City, the Dutchman confirmed the boycott was due to the broadcaster being “disrespectful”. He appeared to point the blame at Kravitz after he suggested “one particular person” at the channel was more to blame.
Verstappen added: “You can’t live in the past, you just have to move on. At the moment social media is a very toxic place and if you are constantly being like that live on TV, you make it constantly worse, instead of trying to make it better in the world. You keep disrespecting me and at one point I’m not tolerating it anymore. So that’s why I decided to stop answering.”
For all the latest Sports News Click Here