GTA Online Weekly Update Adds New Taxi Work Job
GTA Online players can become taxi drivers with the game’s latest Taxi Work update.
This week’s patch is packed with new activities and content for players to enjoy, from free Chinese New Year rewards, new vehicles, discounts, and most notably the addition of Taxi Work.
To get started as a cab driver, players will need to visit Downtown Cab Co. depot on the corner of Tangerine Street and Mirror Park Boulevard in East Vinewood. Players can now purchase a taxi from Warstock Cache & Carry, allowing them to launch Taxi Work in their own Pegasus vehicle whenever they want.
Alternatively, players who can’t purchase their own Taxi can still launch Taxi Work by showing up for duty at Downtown Cab Co. They’ll need to complete 10 Taxi Work jobs in a row, however, to earn the Taxi Star Award and unlock the Trade Price for the new taxi. It’s also noted that Veteran Arena Warriors who have reached Sponsorship Tier 25 can also use their special red version of the taxi to complete fares.
Chinese New Year Rewards
This week, players can get their hands on some celebratory Lunar New Year rewards, as well as a special log in bonus delivered within 72 hours.
- Traditional Painted Rabbit
- Rabbit tattoo chest piece
- GTA$188,888 login bonus
Hard Mode Event: The First Dose Missions
Now in the second week, this Hard mode event is running until February 8, but with new missions and rewards now available. Players must help Dax and the Fooliganz climb the pile of undesirables known as Los Santos’ criminal underworld to collect the following rare items (delivered before February 17) and reap2X GTA$ and RPall this week.
- Complete any First Dose mission on Hard difficulty – Green Fooliganz MTL Brickade 6×6 livery
- Complete 3 different First Dose missions on Hard difficulty – Safari Ranger Överflöd Entity MT livery
- Complete any First Dose missions on Hard difficulty in less than 10 minutes – Speed Demon Übermacht Cypher livery
- Complete any First Dose missions on Hard difficulty without dying – Kisama Drifter Annis 300R livery
The new weapons available in the storefront have no rank requirements and are refreshed every week, with some discounts too.
- Railgun | Heavy Rifle (25% off)
- Up-n-Atomizer (40% off for GTA+ Members)
- Heavy Revolver
- Pump Shotgun
- Advance Rifle
- Baseball Bat
- Knuckle Duster
- Pipe Bombs
- Tear Gas
- Claim the Taxi from Warstock Cache & Carry and use Downtown Cab Co.’s services for free
- Earn 2X GTA$ on Tips for completing Taxi Work
- A free Equipment Upgrade for your Acid Lab
- Exclusive Gun Van weapon skins: the Trippy Knife skin and Trippy Baseball Bat skin
- Lunar New Year Gifts: Yeti Year of the Rabbit Tee and Noh Painted Rabbit mask
- Complimentary drinks at all bars and nightclubs citywide
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
For all the latest Games News Click Here