How to download movies, and series on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Disney+ Hotstar – Smartprix
There are a wide variety of OTT Platforms that stream content from India as well as abroad for those who need to watch something new every day. Although switching on to the app and clicking on Play to watch your favorite show/movie is easy while you are at home or in a place where the internet connection is strong, this can be tough when you are traveling through a low network area. In such a scenario, downloading movies/ series can be very helpful.
OTT Platforms like Netflix, Hotstar, and Amazon Prime allow their subscribers to download their favorite content to stream it offline anytime they want to. This is irrespective of the fact that they have access to the internet or not. Let us look at the procedure to download shows or movies on Netflix, Amazon, and Disney+Hotstar apps.
Netflix is an American global internet streaming on-demand media provider that distributes a number of content called originals along with acquired content. Netflix’s first originals for India were Love per Square Foot and Sacred Games both in the year 2018.
Devices that support Netflix downloading-
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 9.0 or later
- Android smartphone or tablet running Android 4.4.2 or later.
- Amazon fire tablet running Fire OS 4.0 or later.
- Windows 10 or Windows 11 tablet or computer.
- Select Chromebook and Chromebox models.
Steps to download content on Netflix India-
- To download movies/series on Netflix, open the Netflix app and tap on the “Downloads” tab. If you are using Windows 10 or 11, open the Netflix app and select the menu.
- Depending on the device, you will find options like “See what you can Download”, “Find Something to Download” or “Available for Download”. Choose the option that you get.
- Choose the tv show or movie you want to download, tap on its description page, and tap on the downward-facing arrow. For episodes, you will have to tap on the arrow in front of them to download. Android users will get an option to download a season to get all episodes in one go.
Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video is an American subscription video on demand OTT streaming and rental service of Amazon offered as a standalone service or as a part of Amazon’s Prime subscription. It came to India in 2016 and at present, it is a part of the Amazon Prime Subscription which costs Rs. 1500 per year. It can be accessed for Rs 129 per month as well.
Devices supported for download-
- Fire tablet
- Prime Video app for iOS, Android, macOS, Windows 10
Steps to download-
- Open the Amazon Prime Video app and find the title you want to download.
- Tap on the downward arrow under the title. You can download specific episodes too.
- Users will be able to access these downloaded titles offline in the ‘My Stuff’ tab at the bottom of the homepage.
Disney+Hotstar is an Indian brand of subscription-based OTT streaming service owned by Novi Digital Entertainment of Disney Star. It was launched on 11 February 2015 as Hotstar and rebranded as Disney+Hotstar on 3 April 2020. Currently, it streams IPL, Entertainment shows in various Indian languages as well as of English, Movies, and more. Its subscription costs Rs. 900 per year.
Steps to download-
- Open the app, go to the desired movie or show and select the Downward option mentioned under the name of the film or series. You can download specific episodes by tapping on the downward-facing arrow in front of each episode.
- You will find these downloaded titles in the menu in the top left corner of the app.
For all the latest Technology News Click Here